Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Diary Shmiary


In my last post, I felt energetic and committed to write everything that went into my mouth, and measure it against the general rules I decided will bring me to better health. In order to get into a proper mood, I went and bought myself the most beautiful diary to promote inspiration
I recorded for a week everything that went into my mouth. I have to say that it’s a very disillusioning and humbling experience. Those handfuls of pretzels that seemed not so much are actually 20 when you count them...
I will also say that I am humiliated, defeated and sad to announce that if it was a test in the university, I would miserably fail. Luckily, it's only my good health we are talking about.
So ta da, the results:
1) I drink about 3 cups of water daily. That means, I am missing 6-8 cups from my goal of 10 cups a day.
2) I drank almost every day lemon juice but I did not drink it first thing in the morning.
3) Alkaline food- A big topic that we will discuss very soon. I can say that I tried very much to eat less red meat, which means I ate it once this week, which was a week with a lot of eating outside
with chances to eat even more. I made an effort to eat more fish than usual. Does canned tuna count??? I wonder...
4) I ate some vegetables and fruit but did not eat too many greens. I also can’t say those were a big part of my food though. Need a change there too.
5) Sugar? I didn’t sweeten my drinks however I ate a piece(or two or three) of cake.
I could go on and on, but you get the picture: There’s a gap or a distance between where I want to be, and where I actually am in the area of nutrition and health.
The truth is actually hiding between the lines of what I wrote in that diary. I always wanted to be this woman who radiates health. One of those that when you look at her, you know she eats well and takes good care of herself. I think it also means to me, that this kind of person loves herself enough to embrace the fact, that she deserves the best in life and in food:  The freshest ingredient, the healthiest choices that are also scrumptious. The food, that when you look at it, bursts with colors and energy. Doesn’t it mean that this woman will take the best produce on the shelf of life?


1 comment:

  1. I had chocolate for breakfast yesterday. Does that count as a vegetable?

    Val

    ReplyDelete