Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Alessi's beautiful kitchen gadgets in Philadelphia Museum of Art

I love museums because they were a fun part of my life as a student of History of Art, (escape from every day life to beauty and serenity); and because they display human beings at their best- inspired and creative.
I also am a huge fan of kitchen gadgets. I usually can't buy most of them, because I have no room in my tiny kitchen, but I still enjoy that they are out there,especially if they are also beautifully made. In my dream kitchen, I promise I'll have a whole section of gadgets on an ever changing display...
So Imagine how happy I was when I found out that the Philadelphia Museum of Art has a new exhibit
that combines the both.
“Alessi: Ethical and Radical” follows the evolution of this wonderful family- owned Italian design shop.
They designed everyday household objects, from a juicer to a toilet brush into sleek beauty conversation pieces, that are functional too.
The exhibit is showcasing the Alessi designs, some of them by famous architects, since 1921.
Among many others, you'll be able to see: the signature whistle kettle by Richard Sapper (1983), and Philip Starck's
citrus juicer (1990).
Through April 10; http://www.philamuseum.org/

1 comment:

  1. loveeee kitchen gadgets. I hope it will come to NYC as well

    ReplyDelete